Latest News | January 11, 2023
Update About Our Grantmaking System
January 2023 Update About Our Grantmaking System
- MCHF is moving to a new grantmaking system, SmartSimple, in early 2023.
- Further detailed instructions will be communicated to you in early 2023 (login information, application cycles, etc.) closer to go-live of our grantmaking portal.
- All of your organization’s historical grant materials, including report forms, prior applications, and documents will be migrated to our new grantmaking system and be available when it launches in early 2023.
- As we transition, there will be a blackout period (from January 13, 2023, until the end of February/mid-March 2023).
- Grant information will not be accessible online.
- We recommend that you download copies of your grant information from our current system (Foundant) for your own records before the end of the year (grant agreement, approved budget, application materials). Program Staff and Grants Management staff available if you need assistance.
For New 2022-2023 Grant Projects
- Submit your signed agreement for your new grant award before end of day Friday, January 13, 2023.
- If you are unable to submit by this timeline, please let your program staff contact know, and we’ll figure out a work-around for submitting your signed agreement.
For Prior Grant Projects with Reports Due During Blackout Period
- You will get an extension and will submit those reports in SmartSimple once it is live.
- Grantees are also welcome to submit their report early in our current grantmaking system, if done so prior to end of day Friday, January 13, 2023.
- We will provide a copy of interim/final report forms as a reference for current grantees affected by the system migration that have a report due during the blackout period.
For Grantees with Installments Due During Blackout Period
- If you have a report with a payment due during the blackout period, we will work with you and your organization to ensure payment is not delayed.
- You can expect to receive more information via official communications directly from MCHF throughout the coming months as we launch our new grantmaking system.
- If you require a grant amendment during our system migration period, please reach out to your Program staff contact directly and we will assist you.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please reach out to your Program Staff contact and/or our main Grants Management support email email@example.com